Dentures and Partials in Emporia, KS
Replace Missing Teeth & Improve Your Smile
If you are one of at least 120 million people missing teeth, it may be time to invest in full or partial dentures. The good news is, Emporia Family Dental Care in Emporia, KS can provide the health solutions you need!
If you suffer from nutritional deficiencies, diabetes, coronary artery disease, and other health complications due to missing or broken teeth, you should consider immediate denture treatment. For affordable partial and full dentures, contact our specialists today.
What Are Dentures & Partials?
Dentures are prosthetic devices commonly used for replacing missing teeth and restoring function in the jaw. There are two types of dentures available- complete and partial dentures. Additionally, there are two types of complete dentures:
- Conventional Dentures: A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the tissues (gums) have healed. You may receive temporary dentures for aesthetics until your conventional denture is made and healing has finished.
- Immediate Dentures: An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted and allow the gum tissues to heal under the denture.
Partial Dentures are used when some natural teeth are preserved and remain in the mouth.
The Benefits of Dentures & Partials
Depending on your specific dental needs, dentures can drastically improve health conditions caused by tooth loss and infected gum tissues. Below are a few other benefits you can reap from wearing dentures.
Full or partial tooth loss can significantly impact your quality of speech. While it may require some adjusting, prosthetic teeth can improve pronunciation and speech clarity over time.
Having a toothless grin can negatively affect your self-esteem. Dentures and dental implants not only restore your smile but also strengthen loose facial muscles. Implant-retained dentures can also decrease the rate of oral bone loss.
Cleaning dentures is an easy task – all you need to do is brush them daily to remove food particles and keep them from causing infections or sore gums. Alternatively, you can use a dental soaking solution overnight.
Without a complete set of teeth, it can be challenging to chew your food and meet your dietary needs. Thankfully, a full denture allows you to eat whatever you want.
By carefully maintaining your dentures with denture cleaner and a regular brushing regimen, you can expect them to last anywhere between five and ten years.
Compared to other more invasive options, quality dentures won’t break the bank. Plus, they are durable and don’t require frequent replacements.
How Dentures are Made
During your first visit, our general dentist in Emporia, KS will make a series of impressions of your jaw. Then, we will create models and wax forms for you to fit before they cast your new denture at a dental laboratory. It can take a few weeks to get your final denture.
If you have an ill-fitting denture, we will make the appropriate adjustments to ensure it feels and functions comfortably. If necessary, your dentist may use denture adhesive to keep everything in place.
How to Care for Your Dentures
After fitting your new dentures, our dentists provide medical advice and instructions for proper care. Follow our tips to make your dentures last longer:
- Repair your dentures according to your dentist’s advice. If they are loose, you can purchase denture adhesives to keep them in place.
- Clean your dentures daily. Only use cleaning solutions approved by the American Dental Association.
- Store your dentures properly. When not in use, you should keep your dentures moist by placing them in a cup of water or cleaning solution.
- Eat soft foods if you are still adjusting to your new denture. This can help you avoid cracking.
Prevent Gum Disease & Poor Oral Health with New Dentures
If implants don’t entirely solve your need for a tooth replacement, dentures can go a long way. Please make an appointment with our office to enjoy what Emporia Family Dental Care has to offer!